Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cherry Blossom Girl Makeup Look

I felt very inspired today by the most beautiful flower in the world, Cherry Blossoms. 
I wish I could take a walk through a maze of Cherry Blossoms and become lost for a little while. 


I also wish I could skip over this 100 degree plus weather to much cooler weather that arrives in the fall and then return to spring. Spring and fall are my absolute favorite seasons.

I wanted this look to be textured with brush strokes that has the look of an actual painting with fine details.


Products I used:
Face:
Urban Decay - Pore Perfecting 
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - Intensity 1.0
L'Oreal True Match - N4 Buff Beige
Laura Mercier Concealer Compact - SC-4
Make Up Forever - HD Translucent Powder

Cheeks: 
Barry M Blusher - Strawberry
MAC Cream Color Base - Shell
MAC - Harmony

Eyes:
Urban Decay - Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
NYX Eyeshadow - White
Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette - Junkshow
Tainted
MAC Eyeshadow - Seedy Pearl
Barry M Dazzle Dust - dd3 Pink/Gold
LASplash - Splash Proof Sealer
Bella Terra Glitter - Snow
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner - Black
L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara
Lancome Kohl Pencil - White
Make Up Forever 12 Flash Color Case
(MAC False Lashes - I cut both of them in half and glued one half on the upper outer corner of my lash line and then used the second half and glued it to the bottom of my lash line.)

Lips: 
MAC Lip Pencil - Cherry
MAC Lip Stick - Lady Bug

Products I used to create the birds:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Electric
L'Oreal HiP Color Chrome Eyeliner - Violet
JK Liquid Liner - Covert
Maybelline Ultra Liquid Liner - Black
Make Up Forever 12 Color Flash Palette

Whew! So many products for one look! :)

Drawn on the notepad is the Cherry Blossom makeup sketch that I dreamed up and had to put down on paper so I wouldn't forget come time to re-create the drawing.






Some nerdy information that I found on Wikipedia!
Japan gave 3,020 cherry blossom trees as a gift to the United States in 1912 to celebrate the nations' then-growing friendship, replacing an earlier gift of 2000 trees which had to be destroyed due to disease in 1910. These trees were planted in Sakura Park in Manhattan and famously line the shore of the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C.
I give many thanks to Japan!

My Playlist of songs that I listened to while creating this look:
  1. Memoirs of a Geisha Soundtrack - Going to School
  2. Air - Cherry Blossom Girl
  3. Coldplay - Lovers in Japan
  4. Air - Alone in Kyoto
  5. Incubus - Aqueous Transmission




XOXO,


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment